Let’s face it, it’s wet in Brisbane right now, and when we say wet, we really mean WET!
But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Quit your moping and try this list of fun activities in Brisbane that will entertain both young and old.
Fun with kids
1. Ditch the gumboots and rain coats for interactive exhibitions at the Queensland Museum and Sciencentre.
2. Keep them curious with art at QAGOMA.
3. Little ones will stay engaged with free activities, books and games on offer in The Corner at the State Library of Queensland.
4. For a fun, hands-on, play-based learning day visit the Abbey Museum.
Discover some great bars
5. Rainy days, even in sub-tropical Brisbane, can make you want to rug up. Well you can stay dry with a glass of red at one of these cosy bars even in Spring.
6. Or want to head out somewhere special or just a little bit different for a drink? Then check out this list of the best bars in Brisbane.
7. Fancy exploring your more creative side while imbibing? Head to Cork & Chroma and learn how to paint at Brisbane’s first and only paint and sip studio – all you need to do is bring the wine.
8. Get cultured at the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art where you can experience exclusive exhibitions.
9. Catch a world-class show at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.
10. Complete your day by matching your cultural experience with a dining experience at the hatted GOMA Restaurant, The Charming Squire, or The Manhattan Line.
11. Get drenched (in perspiration) as you keep living that active Brisbane lifestyle indoors. Here’s a round up yoga studios.
12. Challenge yourself with a rock climb at Crank Indoor Climbing, or try the classes in parkour or obstacle training.
13. For the kids, little and big, introduce some friendly competition at Strike Bowling at the Wintergarden, test your ice skating moves at Iceworld or jump around at Bounce.
Take a rain check
14. Now is the perfect time to treat yourself. Do some boutique shopping at James Street, Fortitude Valley.
15. Catch-up on the Oscar-nominated films at the restored New Farm Six Cinemas.
16. Take the whole day and pamper yourself at one of these nine luxe day spas.