The importance of building genuine loyalty with the people that support our business is what helps to define us.
At Mosaic, building relationships with our Suppliers and Contractors is an integral part of what we view as important to our business. We understand that successful construction businesses require good relationships with reliable suppliers and contractors who take pride in their work. So when we find them, we do everything we can to treat them well and with respect. In fact, we work just as hard at building relationships with our suppliers/contractors as we do building relationships with our clients. As ultimately, good suppliers/contractors are essential to our capacity to expand our competitive advantage through improved quality, efficiency, sustainability and innovation.
Mosaic Property Group is a unique company, taking a holistic approach to delivering boutique residential property. We control every individual process involved, from the research, feasibility and due diligence before purchasing a site, all the way through construction, to property management and maintenance for the life of the building. It is critical to Mosaic that we continue to push the boundaries of convention and commit to excellence in the delivery of all of our projects. There aren’t a lot of companies that can even claim to offer what we do. What we aim to achieve isn’t easy, but we don’t accept anything but the very best. Everyone within the company is dedicated to maintaining the highest expectations on quality and ensuring that our commitment to delivering on everything that we promise is upheld.
- We always pay on time – we take our commitments to our agreements very seriously
- We strive to personalise the relationship – we will treat you like important members of our business
- We aim to build long-term relationships. The vast majority of our contractors and suppliers follow us from job to job
- We provide reasonable lead times with regards to work expectancy – we forecast our needs and work with our suppliers/contractors so they can plan well in advance
- We are happy to share knowledge and information – we keep them up-to-date on business and project changes
Developing good relationships is not a complicated process. We communicate our needs and strict quality standards, we treat people fairly and ethically, we show loyalty, and we pay on time. It’s that simple.